1. Processing of personal data by cookies and other technologies
Certain Personal Data may be passively collected (that is gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as Cookies, internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (e.g., log files, server logs, clickstream, etc.) (hereinafter: “Cookies”).
2. What is a cookie and what is its purpose?
Cookies are text information files that our web server sends to and places on your computer when you visit the website. Most browsers accept Cookies automatically, but can be configured in their settings not to accept Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent (for more information please refer to item 5 below). Our Cookies may be disabled or deleted later. You do not have to accept our Cookies in order to use the LivaNova website. If you opt out of the Cookie function, some areas and functions of the website may be disabled.
3. Types and purposes of cookies
There are different types of Cookies:
- OPERATIONALLY NECESSARY COOKIES are necessary to the operation of our website and services. This includes technologies that (i) allow you access to our website and services, (ii) are required to identify irregular behaviour on our website and services, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security, or (iii) that allow you to make use of our functions such as the reminder of recent actions (e.g., typed text) when you return to a page within the same session. The legal basis for the processing is the provisioning of our website and services to you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR).
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES allow us to offer you enhanced functionalities when accessing or using our website and services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our website and services or keeping track of your specified preferences and interests so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our website and services. The legal basis for the processing are our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR), in particular, the personalization and enhancement of the websites' attractiveness which fulfills your expectations and needs (e.g., by integrating videos and social media tools).
- PERFORMANCE AND ANALYTICS COOKIES allow us to assess, improve and research the performance and use of our website and services, uncover and resolve issues with our website and services, better understand the interests of people who interact with our website and services, and track advertisement campaign performance and efficiency. This includes our analytics activities that help us understand how our visitors use our website and services, determine if you have interacted with our messaging or ads or whether you have viewed an advertisement or link, or to improve the content of our website and services. The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR), in particular, the provision of a user-friendly website, which fulfills your expectations and needs as well as our commercial interests such as to improve and customize the content and/or layout of our website and services for individuals or groups of users.
- Right to object: As far as we process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR, you may object to processing at any time. You may find the detailed description of our processing activities and the legal basis in the sections before. If you object, we will no longer process your Personal Data unless there are compelling and prevailing legitimate grounds for the processing or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If you object to such processing, we ask you to state the grounds of your objection in order for us to examine the processing of your Personal Data and decide whether to adjust the processing accordingly. Please note that the processing of your Personal Data may involve direct marketing activities as described above. If you do not want that we process your Personal Data for direct marketing activities, you can object free of charge at any time.
4. What cookies are used by livanova.com?
Please find the list of all Cookies used by LivaNova below:
PERFORMANCE AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
LivaNova has activated the IP anonymization, which ensures that your IP address will be truncated within the member states of the European Union (EU) or contracting states to the agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA). Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will first be communicated to a Google server in the USA where it will be truncated. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyse your use of our website, compile website activity reports for us and render further services relating to website and internet use to us.
For further information please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Cookies placed by LivaNova (“First-Party Cookie”) or third party providers (“Third-Party Cookie”) will either expire when the user closes its browser (“Session Cookie”) or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the Cookie's file (“Persistent Cookie”).
5. How can I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
The majority of browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable Cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional Cookies may affect the functioning of the website and/or limit the service we offer.
Below is the procedure to follow to manage Cookies from the following browsers:
For more information on Cookies and how to manage your preferences for Third-Party Cookies, please go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com. To disable analytical Cookies and prevent Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics from collecting Personal Data on your navigation, you can download the add-on from your browser to deactivate
5. Contact / data protection officer
7. LivaNova Website Privacy Statement
Last updated: April 2019