LivaNova PLC (and its affiliates), as data controller, with registered offices 20 Eastbourne Terrace, London W2 6LG, United Kingdom (hereinafter together: “LivaNova”, “we”, “us”, “our” etc.) collects, processes, and shares your personal data and other information about you in connection with your access to and/or use of LivaNova.com and other LivaNova owned digital media (collectively, the “LivaNova Site”, “Site”, “website” ), including any content, features, services, or other offerings that LivaNova may provide in connection the LivaNova Site, such as email communications or newsletters that LivaNova may send in connection with your use of the LivaNova Site.
II. Your Personal Data Sources
When you use the LivaNova Site, we collect, process, and share your personal data in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- voluntarily submitting personal data (e.g., when (i) setting up an account or (ii) submitting registration or application, including signing up for subscription or event. In such cases you may submit your contact information, social media account handles, and/or professional information) to us;
- passive collection of your personal data (gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (e.g., log files, server logs, clickstream, etc.) (hereinafter: “Cookies”), and
- receiving user information from third-party partners if such third-party partners have previously received your consent to do so or are otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You can manage and change your preferences as outlined below.
III. Cookies and Purposes
- providing you with tailored/target content and advertisements, to provide interactive communications from the LivaNova Site as well as necessary to provide services to you, remembering your preferences and voluntarily submitted information, and sharing of information within LivaNova as well as our business partners, third-party vendors, and service providers who fulfill our business purposes
- enabling social media features, as well as safeguarding against spam and malware;
- administering the LivaNova Site, analyzing trends, traffic, user behavior, and performing location-related functionalities and analytics;
- tracking web and advertising analytics throughout the LivaNova Site and its affiliate websites;
- learning how we can continue to improve the LivaNova Site and its various elements; and
- as required by law. In such cases we can disclose your personal data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court, or another third party where we believe disclosure is necessary:
- as a matter of applicable law or regulation;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- to investigate fraud or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on LivaNova; or
- to protect and defend the rights or property of LivaNova. In this case, we may notify you if applicable law requires.
The data collected from these Cookies may be linked to your personal data to allow us to better understand how you use our LivaNova Site, or to serve you personalized advertising.
Most browsers accept Cookies automatically but can be configured in their settings not to accept Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent (for more information please refer to the below sessions). Our Cookies may be disabled or deleted later. You do not have to accept our Cookies to use the LivaNova Site. If you opt-out of the Cookie function, some functions of the LivaNova Site may be disabled.
IV. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Types of Cookies
- Necessary Cookies are necessary to the operation of the LivaNova Site and services. This includes technologies that (i) allow you access to our website and services, (ii) are required to identify irregular behavior on our website and services, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security, or (iii) that allow you to make use of our functions such as the reminder of recent actions (e.g., typed text) when you return to a page within the same session. These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but some parts of the website will not then work. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. The legal basis for the processing is the provisioning of our website and services to you.
- Functional Cookies allow us to offer you enhanced functionalities when accessing or using our website and services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our website and services or keeping track of your specified preferences and interests so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our website and services. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these Cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly. The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interests, in particular, the personalization and enhancement of the websites' attractiveness which fulfills your expectations and needs (e.g., by integrating videos and social media tools).
- Performance Cookies allow us to assess, improve and research the performance and use of our website and services, uncover and resolve issues with our website and services. These Cookies also allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the website. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these Cookies we will not know when you have visited our website and will not be able to monitor its performance. The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interests.
- Similar Technologies
- Pixel Tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the LivaNova Site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the LivaNova Site and response rates.
- Adobe Flash Local Shared Objects (also known as Flash Cookies or “Flash LSOs”) and other technologies are used to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the LivaNova Site. For your options with respect to Flash LSOs, please visit this page. Please note that setting the Flash player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Google Analytics is a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized statistics to improve the LivaNova Site. Visit Google for more information on how to disable Google Analytics are provided below.
- Browser or Device Information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the website you are using. We use this information to ensure that the LivaNova Site functions properly.
- Log Files LivaNova’s web and ad servers log information about a user's IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by a user's browser and automatically logged by most websites. These log files are stored in a secure location and used for our business purpose of internal analysis of traffic patterns within the LivaNova Site.
- Third Party Sources from time to time, we may collect personal information about you from third party sources (including data append services such) which we will use for our business or commercial purposes (for example, to better serve you with content or promotions). We will only use this information where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
V. Control of Your Information
You have a variety of rights regarding the use and control of your user information. Upon a verifiable request, LivaNova will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your user information. Registered users may change the information stored on their member profile such as name, location, country by visiting their profile page.
You may also request to delete or modify your personal account and/or any user information you may have voluntarily submitted to us (e.g., information that you provide to register for a LivaNova event) which is not available in the member profile page. If you wish to do so, please contact us in accordance with section XI.
All users may elect to stop receiving marketing material from LivaNova by following instructions at the end of any email received.
Based on the applicable LivaNova Site technical solution or platform used to implement the website, we may share your information to third parties and its partners. Please refer to our current list of third parties and partners.
VI. Data Retention
We will retain your user information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the LivaNova Site unless you have revoked your consent or requested to delete certain user information. We may retain certain user information for specific legitimate interests where we have an ongoing business need for example, relating to core LivaNova Site functionalities (such as security, fraud-prevention, and account recovery), or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer have a legitimate business need to use your user information, we will delete it, or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in back-up archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We care about the protection of your user information and use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to do so. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your user information. Please understand that no data transmission on the Internet is 100% secure. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us as provided below.
VIII. Use of the LivaNova Site by Minors
The LivaNova Site is not directed to minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you are under the relevant age of consent in your jurisdiction, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the LivaNova Site. If we learn we have collected any user information from minors, we will delete that information from our database and terminate the corresponding account, if any. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before using the LivaNova Site.
If you, as an adult, are providing us with Personal Data of a minor, you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority to LivaNova upon request.
IX. Cross-border Transfers
X. Managing Cookies and Preferences*
Cookies placed by LivaNova (“First-Party Cookie”) or third-party providers (“Third-Party Cookie”) will either expire when the user closes its browser (“Session Cookie”) or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the Cookie's file (“Persistent Cookie”).
Most browsers are configured to accept, control, or potentially disable Cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional Cookies may affect the functioning of the LivaNova Site and/or limit the service(s) we offer.
- Browser Settings
Below is the procedure to follow for reviewing the most common web browser settings if you want to use your web browser to manage Cookies from the following browsers*:
Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable Cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen, or you may refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for further information on commonly used browsers.
- Google Analytics
You can selectively disable Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on your browser. For more information, please refer to the links below:
- Managing Third-Party Cookies
For more information on Cookies and how to manage your preferences for Third-Party Cookies, please go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com.*
Please be aware that if Cookies are disabled, your experience on the LivaNova Site may be diminished, and not all features of the LivaNova Site may operate as intended.
*Links provided in this section can be changed without notice by the relative owners.
XII. Regulatory Complaints
You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority competent for your country or region or place of alleged infringement.
EU only: Please visit National Data Protection Authorities for contact information of your national authority.
Updated February 2022