Smart Technology. Customizable Therapy. Based on Proven Results.
SenTiva® and Next-Generation Programming System
SenTiva is an implantable and programmable pulse generator for treatment of refractory epilepsy. It provides responsive stimulation to rapid increases in heart rate that may be associated with seizures, allows day-night programming, scheduled programming and logging of low heart rate and prone position events.
New features for treatment customization and patient management
Wireless connectivity between programmer and wand
Intuitive workflow and programming interface
SenTiva® detects and responds to rapid increases in heart rate that may be associated with a seizure1
In clinical trials, over 60% of seizures treated ended during automatic stimulation.
The closer the stimulation to seizure onset, the shorter the seizure duration2
VNS Therapy™ controls seizures in 3 ways
Helps prevent seizures by delivering treatment at regular intervals all day, every day1
Helps stop or shorten a seizure by responding to a rapid increase in heart rate, a potential seizure biomarker1,3,4
*Only available in models 106, 1000, and 1000-D
Helps stop or shorten a seizure once it starts by passing the included VNS Therapy® Magnet over the generator1
Responsive VNS Therapy with AutoStim* provides additional seizure reduction5
At 1 year following replacement with responsive VNS Therapy device in patients who were not already seizure-free with conventional VNS Therapy (n=17)
Responsive VNS Therapy devices include Normal Mode, Magnet Mode and AutoStim Mode. Conventional VNS Therapy devices include Normal Mode and Magnet Mode.
*Only available in models 106 and 1000
Customized control for when your patients need it
- Tailor programming for specific periods of the day
- Select which parameters will change, what time the change will occur, and the duration of the change
Safely titrate patients automatically without the need for office visits
- Program a titration schedule in one office visit
- Titration changes will be applied while the patient lives their life
- Simply titrate to therapeutic range as fast as is tolerated
Confidently deliver VNS Therapy® with one touch
- Safe and easy pathway towards achieving targeted therapy levels
- Follow an FDA-approved protocol or create custom protocols for specific patient profiles
Quickly visualize patient trends
Events & Trends
- Quickly view long-term data at follow-up visits
- Easily assess events of interest such as acute therapy activations, prone position, and low heart rate
Want to find out more about SenTiva® and how it can help improve your patient outcomes?SenTiva Resources
1. VNS Therapy System® Epilepsy Physician’s Manual (US), May 2020, LivaNova USA, Inc. Houston, TX. 2. Data on file, LivaNova, Inc., Houston, TX. 3. Fisher RS, Afra P, Macken M, et al. Neuromodulation. 2016;19:188-195. 4. Hirsch M, Altenmüller DM, Schulze-Bonhage A. Epilepsia. 2015;56(10):1639-1647. 5. Datta P, Galla KM , Sajja K, et al. Epilepsy Behav. 2020;111:107280.